2015 Japan Film Festival LA will coming this September.
(Film Submission Details)
– All rights including images and music used in the film will have to be cleared.
– Selected films need to have English subtitle whenever the dialogue isn’t in English. JFFLA can provide the subtitle information.
– The film can be previously screened or released.
– Japanese Director/Writer/Producer, the theme could be anything, not necessary related to Japan.
– Non-Japanese directors can submit their films, but the theme has to be related to Japan, OR the lead or the majority of the cast must be Japanese actors. Categories for submissions
– Short Film – Maximum running time 20min.
If submitted film is selected to be in the final competition, notification will be sent to you via e-mail or phone.
Accepted films can expect a response from JFFLA by the middle of Aug. 2015.
*Please do not call JFFLA. We will contact you directly.
There will be Jury award. The winner will receive a prize. The prize will be an original prize and it will be presented at the ceremony.
How to submit film
Please email, name, address, phone number, title of film, and country to email@example.com, fill out the application form with DVD and send it to the below address by the deadline date.
Please submit 2 copies.
※Application form will be available shortly.
Japan Film Festival LA
1405 Marcelina Ave.#104 Torrance CA 90501 U.S.A.
Materials needed for Submission
– A complete signed application form (You can download under PDF file and print it out)
– 2 copies of your preview screener DVD (NTSC region free. The disc with NO MENU strongly preferred.)
A press kit should be submitted only after your film was successfully selected. Do not send it before. We will remind you later on.
(1)Press Kit (Paper of digital format) including; (2)Synopsis (3)Production notes, cast and crew listing
*Bubble packaging strongly recommended; JFF will not be responsible for damage to the preview screener.
※How to pay submission fee will be announced shortly.
Final Submission deadline – July 20th, 2015 (Post marked)
Final Submission -$30
Japan Film Festival Committee (Submission)
Official Website: http://www.jffla.org/